This meeting is selected by the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS) to offer grants for event participation for Early Career Scientists.
To apply for this grant, you would need to meet following requirements:
- be a member of a FEMS Member Society (https://fems-microbiology.org/member-societies/) or be recommended by such a member. If you are not a member of an affiliated society, the Society of Mikrobiokosmos (www.mikrobiokosmos.org), is one of the conference organizers and can provide a recommendation.
- be an Early Career Scientist*
- be an Active Microbiologist
- be presenting author at the meeting (oral or poster)
*These are active microbiologists who obtained the highest academic degree - Bachelor, Master or PhD - less than five years prior to the application deadline date, or are a Master or PhD student. Periods of maternity/paternity leave, special leave or illness do not count toward this definition.
A combination of 600€ and 300€ grants (three and four respectively) are available for ECSs to assist with travel and accommodation, to be awarded at the discretion of the organizers.
As a FEMS Member Society member, you can:
- benefit from the grant provided for this meeting (see Eligibility above)
- apply for a range of other FEMS Grants (https://fems-microbiology.org/about_fems/network-and-activities/grants/)
- benefits/discounts off the registration fee for FEMS Congresses/Conferences
- benefit from a 25% discount off a selection of Oxford University Press books